The HopeHealth Walk for Alzheimer’s has been a tradition for 25 years. Our mission is to provide information, education and support for people with Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia—and the families and professionals who care for them. The Walk for Alzheimer’s is the principal fundraiser for Hope Dementia & Alzheimer’s Services. Thanks to the compassionate support of donors like you, Hope Dementia & Alzheimer’s Services is able to provide an array of programs and services to meet the needs of the community we serve. Programs include:
• A telephone helpline
• Initial assessment with the caregiver and other family members for counseling and disease education
• Development of care management plans
• Ongoing family support and counseling sessions
• Support groups
• Respite grants
• Memory screenings
• Referrals to local agencies
• Dementia certification and ongoing education for healthcare professionals
• Annual professional conference focusing on current trends in dementia care education
About the Walk
The three-mile HopeHealth Walk for Alzheimer’s will be held at the DCR Scusset State Beach. Registration is at 9:00 a.m. with the Walk starting at 10:00 a.m.
When you walk, you help thousands in our region receive essential care and support services. Walking for Alzheimer’s makes life better for thousands of local families.
For questions about the HopeHealth Walk for Alzheimer’s, please contact (508) 957-0282 or Walk@HopeHealthCo.org.
Post expires at 10:00am on Sunday May 7th, 2017