Located on West Main Street in Hyannis, and with a seasonal location in Osterville, they’re locally owned and even sell locally made products, including lures, flies, and shellfish rakes.
- They have all your bait & tackle needs to get started, as a fun, back to basics outdoor activity with your kids or grandkids.
- Fishing is a great way to get outside with the kids, and still stay socially distanced from everyone else.
- September is a perfect month for salt water “funny fishing” – ask the Sports Port team why they’re called funny fish!
- And if you’re looking for tips on fresh water fishing, go to the West Main Street store and ask for their freshwater expert, Frank!
- Sports Port can even help you get a fishing license. Required for 15 and over in fresh water, and 16 and over in salt water. Details are on their website.
- And for the professional or avid fisherman, they know what to put on the end of your line, where to drop your line, and what tide you want to fish.
- They even have rakes from R.A. Ribb rakes (locally made in Harwich) if you want to try your hand at shell fishing.
- Open in the same location since the 1950s, they have decades of history and specialty knowledge. Check out their website https://www.sportsport.us/ for great historical photos.
Contest Period: 9/1 – 9/30
Post expires at 10:00am on Wednesday September 30th, 2020